Pages

Search Powah!

Monday, December 27, 2010

S.O.S.

So, last night I was having a little chit chat with a bro, who directed me to this song, 'Symphony of Sound'. This song, which I affectionately refer to as S.O.S. is simply delightful. It's really sweet. Give a good listen to the lyrics.



Personally, I typically don't dig the sorta indie-acoustic songs we've been hearing on Youtube as of late, but for the particularly talented artists out there, lyrics can make all the difference. Objectively speaking though, the instrumentals in this song are great, serving a bit more as a compliment to the great vocals. That' fine with me, as I think that's how it ought to be. Songs should be carried by the message they convey (the lyrics). How they sound, in terms of mixing, instrumentals, etc. is a whole other story.

In short what I'm saying is that it's a great song. Give it a listen.

---

On a completely unrelated note:
Just watched 'Inception'. Cool premise. Not mindf-cked at all, though. You guys need to work on your movie-watching skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment